Monday, December 15, 2014

Oberon's Shenanigans- Day 5

     Well, I'm gonna have trouble topping this one. I just loved it. I have seen similar things on Pinterest, but I decided to add my own spin to it.
     I am doing a new behavioral system for December. I hung a mini-stocking for each child, and they begin each day with 3 candy canes inside. If they finish the day with 3 or more candy canes, the day was a success. Any less, and they do not receive treasure box for the day.
     However, on day 5, the kiddos walked in to find no candy canes in their stockings. Instead, they found poor Oberon all tied up with this note...
     They all cracked up, but a bit uncomfortably. They thought it was funny, but were a little concerned about whether or not Oberon was okay. One child suggested that maybe Oberon did this himself, which I had to admit would be in character for our mischievous little friend.
     This turned into an all-day hunt for our candy canes, and they all had a lot of fun. Everyone went home with treasure box. But not before talking me in to untying him. Which brings me to a question... Does everyone else stick to the rule of not touching your elf? I have established a rule that the kiddos cannot touch the elf, but adults can, since Santa has entrusted the little helpers to us to care for. Opinions?

No comments:

Post a Comment